Monday, July 27, 2009

burying the lede

You don't want to hear it; it's hot. You don't know what hot is, you say. Fine, I say. But I actually do know a little about heat. Hyperthyroidism meant I spent a lot of my life uncomfortably sweating -- as opposed to comfortably sweating -- with the added bonus of a heartbeat that never went less than 110 beats per minute. So you know what? An ultrasound to the thyroid later I totally get to bitch about the heat, even if I'm obviously sensitive about it, okay?

I'm glad we got that out of the way.

And it's only in the 90s. I am a freaking delicate flower.

So today I guess we bought a house. The guy at the escrow office never called us to confirm, but we checked the county records and confirmed it's official. We couldn't make it to the Realtor's office before they closed to get our keys, so we'll do that tomorrow. Kind of anti-climactic since we don't move in for two and a half weeks.

And in two weeks I have a birthday. Two years ago on my birthday I got engaged. Last year on my birthday I was just coming back from Japan. This year I'll be a homeowner. So there ya go. You just never know.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow...has it really been a year since your Japan trip? Somehow that doesn't even seem possible. Time has been moving entirely too quickly this year...I want a do-over. Congrats on the house!

Folly Blaine said...

I know! I can't believe it's been a year already. It feels like just a few months ago we were there.