Saturday, July 11, 2009

Packing

It's been four years since we packed all of our belongings and relocated to Seattle. Today we've begun the monumental chore all over again, only this time we're hopefully going somewhere a little more permanent -- at least according to the 30-year mortgage we're about to enter into.

I've made an appointment with movers for one month and four days from now.

The last 2 hours we've been packing books and we're about half-way done. Smallish boxes though so they don't get too heavy. It's hot today and I am insisting on an ice cream break. If it keeps up, I may also insist on a vodka break.

This is how I roll.

3 comments:

Maya said...

How about an ice-cream and vodka break? Or, better yet an ice-cream and rum break? Or, maybe and ice-cream and cherry liquor break? Sorry, it's insanely hot here in Geneva today and I can't help but fantasize!

Folly Blaine said...

After the ice cream there was Baileys and coffee, so I tried to keep it interesting.

But, Geneva, wow! That's exciting. I hope you're having a great time minus the heat.

Maya said...

It's been a bit stressful trying to work in a foreign country. Especially one where I don't know the main language (French). I wish this were the German speaking part of Switzerland! I have had fun outside of work though.