Monday, July 06, 2009

Independence Day

With the exception of the pork disaster, the food turned out amazing. My calves, on the other hand, were angry. Apparently you use those muscles when standing for 10 hours at a time? Who knew.

Post-pork, I decided to improvise. If following the recipe got me charred pieces of meat, then not following the recipe would have the opposite effect, right? As opposed to affect. Let's get emotional.

I ended up with chicken enchiladas, margaritas, drunken beans, Mexican rice, guacamole, cake, and salsa. I did not make the corn or the cheese dip as planned, but I forgive myself. There was enough food.

The weekend went by fast. Like, I blinked and it was gone. The fireworks were not as good this year, but hey, fireworks are pricey and the economy and all that. It was fun.

I did not reread the Declaration of Independence, but I sang "We the People" to myself. Quietly.

I mailed our move-out notice to the landlady today. No turning back now.

No comments: