Sunday, January 24, 2010

Multi-tasking Happiness (also best burgers in Seattle)

I am in an inexplicably good mood; I blame the iPod.

I'm doing dishes, washing laundry, zipping files, and bouncing around. My favorite line in a song just came on:

He thinks it's all about culture and art
But the truth of it is
that it rips me apart
Marvelous 3 - Freak of the Week

Oh, that line. I worship that line.

If you can't see the video embedded in this post, here's the link: Marvelous 3 (Butch Walker) - Freak of the Week

Jer and I went to dinner and a movie on Friday night over by Northgate Mall. Dinner was at Five Guys, where we had the best cheeseburgers I've ever had the pleasure of eating in this city. And fries with cajun seasoning. They offer all kinds of toppings and cook the burgers right in front of you. The color scheme reminds me strongly of In-N-Out in California, but I guess there are only so many colors to choose from.

After dinner we saw "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus." The imagery was stunning. Tom Waits was a wonderful devil. I had some questions at the end, but overall it was a very pleasant way to spend an evening. I'm still thinking about it.

Speak of the devil. The iPod shuffle feature just chose Tom Waits to play, "Innocent When You Dream."

2 comments:

Maya said...

There is a Five Guys in Seattle? I just ate there last year in Virginia. Excellent! Janet will be very happy when I tell her.

Folly Blaine said...

Yes, there is! It is over by Northgate Mall -- in a new theatre complex they've put up -- and it is tasty.