Monday, January 18, 2010

Say cheese

I worked an On Focus Photo gig today and am now exhausted. It's fun though, taking pictures. At the end of the day I took about 450. One or two should turn out.

All that squinting through the viewfinder and now I feel as if my brain has turned to mush, so please excuse any strange word choices. Pretty good day though. The Nikon D700 is a terrific camera. I'll never forget the first time I laid hands on one. It was in Shinjuku or maybe Akihibara. One of those huge stores where everything is chained down and covered in fingerprints. It was newly out and the sign said 380,000 yen. Someday, I thought, someday it will be mine.

I did not pay 380,000 yen, for the record.

Anyway, I've been pondering lately: what is the difference between a rut and a rhythm? Both repeat. Both strike a chord. Both follow expected patterns of behavior. Then why does one make me want to bludgeon myself and the other make me want to dance?

No comments: