Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Reservations!

From March 15 to May 8, Pacific Science Center is hosting "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination." I'm happy to share I finally reserved tickets yesterday, and we will be going on our anniversary.

Because nothing says romance like simulating the jump to lightspeed in a full-size replica of the Millennium Falcon cockpit.

Hallmark needs to make that card.

In honor of a successful transaction -- the online ticketing site is sloooooow -- we watched the original "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope." Not the newly remastered, scene adding, messed with version. I'm talking the original here. Dimly lit and full of static. We kicked it old-school.

You get the point.

So that happened. Then today I realized Seattle Restaurant Week is coming up -- 3 courses for $28 -- so I made reservations at Stumbling Goat Bistro, which I've been wanting to try.

We've been in a restaurant rut lately. My fault mostly. I usually request we go somewhere I can figure out the points values easily. Or I know they have grilled chicken on the menu. Last night we ate at Chipotle, where I can get a chicken burrito bowl smothered in pico de gallo, corn-chili salsa, and lettuce. Other times we go to Wendy's, where I know I can order the Ultimate Chicken Grill Sandwich and small cup of chili.

Last night it was either Chipotle or boil spaghetti, and my heart just wasn't in it.

And that's the news today.

No comments: