Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Lessons from a Cat

I didn't intend to disappear. I've been interviewing for a new job, and when I'm not interviewing I'm enjoying the company of this week's houseguest, and studiously not writing. The most complicated thought I can hold in my head for any amount of time is: what am I going to wear? There's nothing, absolutely nothing. So here it is, almost 9:30pm and I'm doing laundry. Not writing, not being social. I'm stressing about my outfit. Stress makes me sleepy. Now's no exception. I've been taking lots of naps and drinking lots of soda. And not writing.

Oh what a lot of things there are to learn!

I'm living in this twitchy sleepy limbo in a perpetual attempt to be charming and thoughtful and not sound too ignorant, when in fact, I just want to curl up with the cat and drool on my pillow.

Speaking of drool, I saw the new Harry Potter movie ...

I think I need to watch television. Dumb things down. Keep my mind occupied. Read or something. Play Kingdom of Loathing. Not think not write and not make myself crazy with wonder and worry. Because it's not important. It's just a thing. Things don't matter. Breathe.

No comments: