Sunday, June 13, 2004

Sweet, Delicious Cake

For the last two mornings I've had chocolate cake for breakfast. It helped yesterday's funk. For awhile I pretended I'd make the changes to Must. I don't know how I would have accomplished this since I never actually opened Final Draft ... but pretending is fun. About six I gave up and played SSX Tricky on the PS2, racing Luther for a couple hours, looking for short-cuts in Alaska. Then we watched "Barton Fink" and played connect the actors.

Karen of karenjennifer.com is in town for a visit. Friday night we walked down lower State Street. In the last few years, crowds have really started to bug me. I guess I'm spoiled never leaving the house and shopping online and generally not having friends who do things. But weaving between scantily clad club people lost its appeal years ago. It's good however to see the parties continue even after I've hung up my dancing shoes. I wouldn't want it all to stop on my account.

Not much else to report. The funk, I believe, was inspired by the wants and the needs and the shoulds and the won'ts. BF suggested we quit our jobs and move up to Seattle and take temporary work. I said that probably isn't a good idea. I've got student loan payments, he's got car payments, and I've got more excuses if you want to hear them. I doubt you do. One thing I'd like. I think I'll see what it takes to apply to one of those writer's colonies. It would be wonderful to have a few weeks to force writing devotion away from hazardous stimuli such as sweet, delicious chocolate cake.

The next playwriting workshop starts again in two weeks.

No comments: