Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Money Business

I've started condensing my material possessions. In the living room, by the fish tank where live a Gourami and Plecostamus (screw spelling!!!), there's a big pile of crap I'm excising from my life. (Ha, ha, living room) In the home game of "What Not To Wear" I've loaded thrift store summer dresses and plaid and "I'll wear this when I'm thinner" clothes into a black garbage bag. I've created tottering towers of craptastic books, school texts, and bad buggy software. I plan to walk through the tunnel cleansed, pure, and better dressed.

Alas, I'm amassed a ton of Stuff. My new mantra has become: move, move, move. But my runner up mantra continues to be: money, money, money.

It's not the best week to start condensing and organizing. This weekend's houseguest will have to walk lightly ... and carry a sharp stick to kill all the silver fish living in my books. (ha, ha, fish AND living)

What is it about Yu-Gi-Oh that I find so fascinating?

Drove out to Shoreline Park for a walk last evening. It was today's opposite, beautifully blue, warm air, salty smells ... a veritable cornucopia of seaside delight. Kites and children and sweaty ladies jogging, barbecues, and balloons. Summer-esque. Not a care. Not to fear, however, today the doldrums return with exciting force.

No comments: