Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Riding the Wave

I got the job. The job where I get paid to write and edit and be technically savvy. I'm sad to be leaving the realm of comfort and habit, but super excited to be challenged and motivated. I won't be moving but that's fine. This will allow me to save money to move later. Money, you'll remember, is pretty important in my grand scheme.

It'll also allow me to buy Dance Dance Revolution!!!

Excuse me, I meant to say "make my annual Roth IRA contribution."

The playwriting workshop started again -- making this a busy week. The three-day weekend will be appreciated although I'll just end up organizing my coupons and playing video games. Or maybe I'll watch "Clean Sweep." You can't pin me down. I'm a wild thing.

The reality of how much I need to learn for this job hasn't sunk in yet. It flits about my periphery like a ninja butterfly with razor-sharp wings and grenades for eyes.

Luckily I won't be paid based on the quality of my metaphors.

No comments: