Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year!

Nearly midnight, wrapped in blankets (not plastic), Farscape on the tv, and the room reeking of roasted garlic, I turned to BF and said, "I'm just gonna stay here. There's still some stuff I need to do. You go on without me." He said, "You mean like, in the living room?" And I said, "No, in 2004. I'll be in 2004 if you need me."

It should too work that way.

It's raining again. A neighbor's dog is barking, and all the computers are humming me a song called "White Noise," artist unknown. The kitten purrs in my lap. She is soft. When I got up to feed the demons, I found a Post-It note on the counter that read, "They're lying. No matter what they say, I fed them already." Both cats were curling between my legs, meowing, falling faint with hunger. When they realized they'd been foiled by the written word, they did the cat equivalent of *shrug* and chased each other down the hall. The Hall of Doom! Mwahahahaha.

Happy New Years to you and yours. May it bring everything you desire and only some of what you deserve.

No comments: