Thursday, January 06, 2005

In Search of... an Ending (With Compliments to Mr. Nimoy)

I'm woefully ignorant of her music -- with the exception of "Ridin' the Rails" on the Dick Tracy Soundtrack (not to be confused with the lesser but more popular Madonna soundtrack) -- but I find myself in possession of one ticket to see k.d. lang in concert this Sunday evening. I gave myself a seat in the front row of the balcony, way back when I had power to abuse.

The Dick Tracy soundtrack is one of my favorite albums ever, but I'd probably deny it if you asked me in person. You can buy it for seventy-five cents at half.com which is twenty-four cents less than what I paid at a ninety-nine cent store in the early nineties.

Since that magic moment the cassette (now CD, now mp3) has been my musical comfort food. My titillating taco of tune. I know there's no way she'll sing "Ridin' the Rails," but maybe if I squeeze my eyes real tight and clench my teeth, I can catch a whiff of it between bars. Especially if I go to a lot of bars you cheeky monkey.

My biggest problem at the moment besides is figuring out which book to read next. Graphic novel or trade paperback? Will it never end?

Auditions for my play are this Saturday. If all goes well, I'll be there to heckle.

No comments: