Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I had to trick myself into going to the gym last night.

Hey, what's around this corner here that I pass everyday? Will you look at that? It's the door to the gym... what if I, say, swiped my pass and went inside for a look? Yep. Still the same ol' gym, smells like feet. Since I'm here, I may as well change, I mean, at least get comfortable. Sweats are more comfortable than slacks, definitely.. Now that that's done, five minutes on the elliptical wouldn't be so hard, now would it? On and on.

I continued to trick myself by watching "Law & Order: SVU" and pretended it was Criminal Intent, but it wasn't. SVU is very bad. And by bad I mean badly written. Watching the actors engage in dialogue is like watching a tennis match where no one reacts or listens, they just wait for their turn and then explode with useful information and unbelievable (read stupid) plot twists.

Speaking of unbelievable plot twists...

On Monday, walking back from lunch at the Subway, my little eye spied three men in an alley. Two were talking to a third whose back was to me. He was sort of leaning into the wall at an angle, his left arm up and against the wall for support. Then I saw a stream of fluid originating from his crotchal region, spraying the ground in an even arc.

I totally saw a guy peeing in the alley.

It was one of those moments where my head was swinging all directions in an attempt to be aware of my surroundings, and this sight didn't register and absorb right away. I was a few feet past the alley when I realized I'd totally seen a guy peeing.

And last night at the bus stop, I saw a guy get arrested. Not the same guy who was peeing. Cops chased him down the street and handcuffed him about fifty feet away from where I stood as four cop cars with lights flashing pulled up. When the guy realized he wasn't getting away, he sat down on the ground quick and held up his hands. The cops drove him off into the sunset in the back of a police car.

AND! In Elliot Bay last night was a huge boat stacked with houses, two high. Jer and I had to take time to marvel at the ingenuity of man, as houses floated past our balcony.

I live in the big city, y'all.

No comments: