Sunday, April 23, 2006

lazy sunday

I started to work on a play again that's been sitting around for the last year. It means I get to sit at the window and listen to The Eels and watch the tourist traffic pass by and get distracted by the beautiful weather. Sunny and warm and clear today. Laptops with wireless internet access are useful for these sorts of days.

The album I'm listening to is called, "With Strings Live At Town Hall." It's very good. I especially like the songs, "Hey Man (Now You're Really Living)" and "Losing Streak."

I also watched too much VH1 today and filled a big bag full of envelopes and junk mail for the recycle bin. Sometimes I feel like I'm being buried under a mountain of kibble, and there aren't enough cleaning implements to keep it at bay. But that's just me being overdramatic. If I cleaned up a little everyday the pile wouldn't threaten to suffocate me in my sleep. Although the next trial is to tackle the explosion of cat hair. Both cats are shedding and of the two bipedal creatures living in this apartment, I'm the only one who knows how to operate the vacuum. To be fair though, that "On" button is tricky.

No comments: