Friday, April 07, 2006

I would just like to say -- and this may surprise and shock you -- if you start treating me differently because you find out how old I am, I'm liable to clock you.

This comes from a specific example where someone I'd known for several months found out how old I was, nodded slightly, frowned, and said something like, "I thought so." Up until that point we'd been very good friends, and then bam. Subtle condescending attitude.

No, I do not play that game. Since I cannot address this person directly because she'd deny it and possibly cry, I would just like to pretend I am speaking to her and say, get over yourself. I will not go from being your equal to being your inferior in ten seconds or less because we were born in different decades.

Or maybe that's just my complete and utter lack of maturity talking. I am ever so childish sometimes.

No comments: