Saturday, April 22, 2006

just another saturday

I feel better than I have a right to feel, what with grossly underestimating my body's tolerance to Mr. Jack Daniels last night. (It's true, I do all my own stunts.) Now I'm waiting for the washer to have its way with my gym clothes so I can half-assedly dry them even though they're not supposed to be dried, and then head downtown. More Saturday fun with the trainer.

Next week my class on indexing starts, so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

I've probably mentioned this before, but the only thing I really miss about California, is the convenience of purchasing liquor in grocery stores. It's not like I constantly purchased alcohol, let me be clear, but to have the ability to do all the shopping at once was something I took for granted. Here, I have to plan my alcohol shopping trips separately and then buy in bulk. Of course liquor is also more expensive here too, so buying in bulk is a nice dent in the pocketbook. It's like the state is saying, "Well, it's not like it's prohibition or anything. You can still drink, but you're gonna pay through the nose and have to walk six blocks out of your way to do it." It's not enough to make me pick up and move back, but I don't care for it much.

The cats are chasing each other around the apartment again. And I could really use a nice greasy breakfast sandwich. It's too bad "Jack in the Box" doesn't deliver.

No comments: