Saturday, January 10, 2009

Retail therapy is the new black

Warning: Another camera/computer related post.

I briefly mentioned this earlier, but my new camera is needy. It needs a new remote control, a new fisheye lens, new filters, new software, and a new monitor. The software will have to wait until I can upgrade my computer, which I haven't done in a few years, but today I ordered the monitor. It's a special order item so it'll take a few weeks to arrive. (I will be upgrading my computer soon with Jer's hand-me-down parts)

It's an NEC MultiSync 2690WUXi 25.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor. (I'm a BH Photo affilate and recommend them highly) This monitor is very good at photo editing and even comes with its own color calibration software. Truly what you see is what you get.

Yeah... so my current monitor is 17". It has permanent smudges that are difficult to distinguish between image flaw and equipment defect. I can't even wrap my head around what this is going to mean to my editing.

I think I just squeed a little.

No comments: