Saturday, March 28, 2009

For self

Dear Me,

Yesterday was a 12 hour workday. 8am to 8pm. Then I woke up this morning and logged in again. I can't think logically about it yet. My head is full of stuffing.

Stuffing sounds very tasty.

I can't turn my head from side to side without pain. I guess it's stress or sleeping weird. I don't know.

This is not to say that I am looking for sympathy, because I'm not. I just think it will be historically relevant to myself a year from now, especially if I am doing the same job. This deadline happens annually, and I would hate to sugarcoat this experience in hindsight. To me in the future: Don't even think about taking vacation during this time. Maybe don't schedule any festivals. No matter how much you prepare, they will change something at the last minute. It's not a reflection on your inability to be flexible, it's them being difficult.

You can only do so much, me. Just do your best and the rest will sort itself out.

No comments: