Saturday, March 14, 2009

i am ready for it to be time for wine

We are waiting for the landlady to drop by and chat with us about our future. I am feeling resentful because it means I had to clean, and apparently I am too good for that. Well, to be fair, there is other stuff going on and I should really be working or at the very least popping Advil and taking a nap. But alas, my hands are raw from Soft Scrub and the sounds of a vacuum are ringing in my ears.

I don't know how people keep their homes clean while working full-time. I get home between 6 and 7 and fall asleep around 9 or so. Cleaning is the last thing I want to do. I don't even bother watching TV anymore. I read or play with the cats, make myself some dinner, go to sleep. I guess along those same lines, I don't have any idea how you'd have a family with this schedule. I think it would kill me.

Two good things happened this week. On Friday, for the first time since October 1, 2008, I was paid something more appropriate for my job description. Almost 6 months after taking the position. Second, I received a check for the class action lawsuit against my photography school. I was entitled to receive up to $1000; the amount I actually received was closer to $180. But hey, closure.

No comments: