Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Space to breathe

The holiday is over and we're back to dull, gray normality. I'm not opposed to it, but these next few months usually bring me a weariness of spirit that is hard to describe. Maybe this year will be different.

For the last couple of years the majority of my work stress happened now. It involved meeting major government deadlines, whose requirements changed unpredictably and at random.

Anyway. I had to follow the swiftly changing requirements and convey them to the staff. It was incredibly stressful and frustrating... and now I'm free.

Time (and future employment) will bring other stressful and frustrating responsibilities that will raise my blood pressure. And I will rise to it, like a batch of warm dough. For now though, it sure is nice to breathe.

No comments: