Wednesday, November 09, 2011

My first NaNoWriMo write-in


I went to my first NaNoWriMo write-in last night -- even though I think it was technically unofficial it still counts. The event was organized by torreybird, and held at the new Ravenna location of the Wayward Coffeehouse. I ordered the Melbourne sandwich and coffee and really enjoyed both. The sandwich consisted of a warmed ciabatta roll, avocado spread, tomato, lettuce, and melted cheese (I chose and loved the Pepperjack, some people prefer Swiss). Very tasty.

Torrey was very efficient and motivating and offered us prizes for writing sprint completions. I came away with several charms that I positioned in the shape of a creepy frog head with arms, acorns, and a badge. Here is a blurry picture of my loot:


Overall it was a fun evening. I added about 1,000 words to my story. Not all of them useful, but hey words, and met a lot of cool, like-minded folks.

We'll be meeting every Tuesday in November at the Wayward from 6-9pm. Head on over if you want some company.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still look like a dork. ;)

Folly Blaine said...

Ha ha. If only I had some idea who this Anonymous person could actually be. :P

And I wouldn't say you look like a dork. More like a blur. Silly iPhones thinking they can take legitimate pictures.