Wednesday, November 02, 2011

A NaNoWriMo Post

I hear you thinking, astute reader that you are: "Folly, all this talk of World Fantasy is well and good, but what about NaNoWriMo?"

Indeed. What *about* NaNoWriMo?

Well, it's happening. I'm writing. Life is not all that different than it was before November. I sit at the dining room table with my laptop and type. Then I get distracted and process World Fantasy photos, and then I go back to the laptop and type some more. Sometimes I overdose on candy and soda, and seriously consider going grocery shopping. We need...everything. Maybe I should have groceries delivered. It's only five or ten bucks for that.

Tangents figure prominently in my daily activity.

The cats are getting along better now. Niv sits in my lap while I work, but mostly because she's always trying to steal my food. I have no illusions about love and/or obedience. She's also been sleeping on my neck so I suspect she's just trying to kill me.

I'm participating in a scene writing workshop on Sunday and need to read-through about 12 submissions before then. So the plan for tonight is to finish writing early and get started. And maybe eat something besides mini-candy bars.

No comments: