Thursday, December 29, 2011

December Submissions Update

Now that we're in the last days of the last month of the year, it's time to ask the question: Did I see 2011 out with a bang or a whimper?

Acceptances for 12/11: 1 (Eau de Public Transit podcast to Every Day Fiction)

Rejections for 12/11: 2

Submissions for 12/11: 3

Pending subs, carried over from November: 5

Overall 2011 Statistics: For the last seven-ish months I've been tracking, I've written 21 stories and received 5 acceptances, 26 rejections, and have 7 stories out for submission (1 of those 7 is a play). Many of the 21 stories I wrote have been trunked, however I may revisit them. I also wrote 50,000 words in November, but that doesn't show up on any lists yet.

Not a bad year for a first-time fiction writer. I'm certainly happy with it. In 2012, my goal will be to sell a story to a professional market.

2 comments:

Mark Andrew Edwards said...

Way to go. I wish I knew how to say how proud I am of you and how inspiring you are to me and how happy I am that you're in the Cloud City Wordslingers with me.

Oh, wait...

Anyway, you rock. Way to go.

Folly Blaine said...

Thanks, Mark. You make me blush! I'm really glad I got to meet you this year and join the Wordslingers.