Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Recording my first podcast

Yesterday wasn't too bad as far as days go. I received a compliment about my work that meant a lot to me, I received confirmation I'll be attending the Norwescon Fairwood Writers Workshop, I received confirmation my application was received for a thing, and I recorded my first mp3 podcast and submitted it to a place for posting. If it gets accepted, I'll let you know. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

For the podcast, I used an open source program called Audacity. It has a lot of neat bells and whistles I don't know how to use yet, but you can also just hit the record button (or keyboard shortcut, 'r'), talk for a while, and then export as mp3, which is what I did.

I played the mp3 for Jer and he didn't recognize my voice. I choose to believe that was because I sounded so awesome and dramatic. :)

The short story I'm writing is at around 1,200 words, which isn't that many more words than yesterday, but I'm finally starting to get a feel for the world and the characters and I think the pace will pick up now. Still shooting for 3,000-4,000 words.

I just realized I owe oodles of feedback on other people's stories. I will need to dig into that soon. But first, laundry!

No comments: