Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Fog

I am a fool for egg salad, which I am eating for breakfast in sandwich form, along with a Diet Dr. Pepper. It's the best part of waking up.

It's been foggy, and occasionally drizzly, but nothing too terrible. I went for a walk along the water yesterday, and about two blocks down, the clouds completely cut off the view of the city. There were lots of horn blasts from passing ships, and the sounds of fishermen chatting. It struck me that the water was clearer than the sky. I could see each pebble on the bottom, but the city was a mystery.

No writing yesterday. I applied for a couple of jobs, made brownies and egg salad, watched too much TV, and finally cracked Star 7 in Katamari Damacy. That's been a long time coming. I also surfed the web and thought about writing. But that doesn't count, right? I also thought about participating in NaNoWriMo, but then I got distracted. The jury's still out on whether or not I'm going to punish myself again with unreasonable deadlines and wishful thinking. Although, if I don't have a job by then, there's really no excuse.

At some point I'm going to have to leave my beautiful cocoon to purchase a waterproof jacket and kitty litter. Or maybe just kitty litter. I can make do with a trash bag until the money starts rolling in.

No comments: