Monday, October 31, 2005

This Entry is Haunted

Happy Halloween!

You can't see me, but I assure you I am very dressed up. I'm a witch. Long black hair, green face, bulky nose, and a dark, silky frock. Add to that, red fishnet leggings, purple kitten heel slingbacks, and an ancient, yet remarkably efficient broom. I am the perfect picture of pagan eccentricity!

Or maybe I'm in my pajamas, unwashed. You don't know. Such is the power of the internet.

I've got no plans to do anything except spend as little money as possible. I guess I could still go crazy with the makeup and light some candles and turn up the scary sounds CD... maybe that's what I need to snap myself out of apathy, a silent commune with Mars and the ghosts on the balcony.

There probably won't be trick-or-treaters here, but I bought a bag of Snickers just in case. Ever since the year I gave out individually packaged Fig Newtons because Halloween caught me unprepared, I don't take chances. Though when you consider that I only had a moment to choose between Fig Newtons and Taco Bell salsa, figure the kids got lucky.

No comments: