Thursday, October 27, 2005

In Stitches

Something about the weather getting colder, makes me want to cross-stitch. It also makes me want to knit a scarf, crochet a blanket, and sew my own pillow cases! I have an urge to grab a needle and thread the hell out of some lucky piece of fabric. But I won't. Mostly because I haven't sewed since Girl Scouts and I don't know how to knit. I can however cross-stitch like the damned!

Here are some lovely cross-stitch patterns for your enjoyment. I'm partial to "FUCK CANCER."

On my walk today, bundled in a sweatshirt, jacket, and jeans, I came upon a peculiar sight. Three young women, bikini-clad under a grey sky, struck a pose on the rocky shore. Meanwhile a photographer snapped picture after picture of them clinging to one another, narrowing their bedroom eyes to sexy slits. I shook my head, tsk-tsk-ed like an old lady, and walked on.

I'm two pages short of finishing my ten-minute play. It's more serious than I usually write and a bit more personal, but maybe it'll strike a chord somewhere. No title yet, though I was thinking of titling it: A Man Said to the Universe. With apologies to Stephen Crane, of course.

And finally, I will now share with you a secret pleasure. The Gilmore Girls. After a hiatus of several years, I am back to being hooked. Carry on.

No comments: