Monday, October 17, 2005

Update to the January 24 Entry

I'm trying something new. I'm putting together a chapbook. In the January 24 entry I wrote about how everyone in the world had a chapbook but me, and that I couldn't live for the envy.

Fast forward to now. I present to you a little something called, "Christy's First Chapbook." At least, that's its name in my private thoughts. In public, the name is infinitely snazzier.

The only problem is that I don't know what I'm doing, but I won't let a little thing like competence stop me. So now I've found a contest that'll accept my 23 page effort for a modest and acceptable fee. I've got a deadline of tomorrow, two title pages, and a whole lot of red pen edits to input.

Also, because I've been reading and rereading the same 23 pages for a week straight, I've lost the ability to judge anything reliably. It all sounds like the same shade of crap. But I'm doing it, and I'm doing the best I can, and history will have to live with that because I'm done. Finito.

Earlier today I went on my first interview. (A day of firsts!) It was with a technical recruiter to submit my resume into a data bank for such-and-such and so-and-so, doing what I love, or at least what someone might pay me wads of cash for doing. In other words, it went okay. I'm happy. And now I'm drinking coffee with Bailey's and listening to Barenaked Ladies. Because I can.

No comments: