Wednesday, June 25, 2008

With my July photography budget I bought a rear door and a French wall for my booth. The setup will look like this. Of course it's not quite July yet, but the next show starts July 11 (West Seattle Summer Fest) so I wanted to have it all together by then. And luckily, my credit card cycle just flipped over so I charged it.

The rear door will be a welcome shortcut through the back of the booth -- the last 2 shows would have benefited greatly from this during setup and tear-down. And the French wall is to sit behind. I want my booth to have a gallery feel, and it's hard to feel like you're in a gallery when the photographer and her husband are staring at you from the corner.

I am also making changes to my product line including lowering prices on matted prints to be more in line with my fellow artists. (If you've bought a matted print before now, please let me know and I'll send you a discount on a future purchase.) Otherwise, if you've been holding out, the next fair will be a great place to buy. I won't be lowering the prices again. Absolutely and positively I won't. If anything, they will go up.

I hope to get out and shoot this weekend. It's been a whole month since the Japanese Garden and Snoqualmie Falls. Plus I've got this new lens to try out...

Abruptly changing gears.

There are certain things in my life I do try to keep private on this blog -- especially regarding other people. It is not my place to share what shouldn't be shared. But I also don't want to pretend it didn't happen. So with respect, and because it is very big issue overall, I will tell you this thing.

We received word that a cousin, who is a Marine serving in the Middle East, was seriously injured on Monday. He is a young man who is very special to his family and we are glad he is alive, but there is no way to repay what he has sacrificed.

I like to think there are reasons for everything in this universe but I see very little reason in things like roadside bombs and shrapnel.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for the war to end.

No comments: