Saturday, September 06, 2008

another typical weekend

Jer is in Chicago for his uncle's memorial service. I'm here.

I went to the gym the last three nights and now it hurts. Cause, effect. The stock market has not been kind to my retirement accounts, so I guess that means it's time to buy. Or maybe that is just what They want me to think.

We bought Jer an iPhone 3G and he's been IM'ing me during his trip. It's been pretty convenient. If you're wondering, I chose the free phone. Because I hate phones, even when they're disguised as fancy mp3 players. Does that surprise you? Probably not if you've met me.

It's a really beautiful day here. Sunny, a little cool. I'm not sure what to do. It's my first free Saturday -- free even of Jer -- in, I don't know how long. Not saying that's good or bad, it just is.

I've decided to begin my day by sleeping through some troubling dreams (likely due to the book I finished reading before bed, "Grotesque" by Natsuo Kirino) and pouring myself a large mug of coffee laced with Baileys and Cool Whip. Good morning! I will now take a lesson from the lounging cats and Chill. Or watch "Scrubs."

No comments: