Saturday, December 04, 2010

I'll take Epic Cleaning Quests for 50gp, Alex

We're having a few people over next weekend to celebrate Bonenkai -- our version of a Japanese tradition, also called a "forgetting the year" party.

We've lived in this house for a year and a few months and haven't had anyone over yet. (Exceptions include family and our Idaho friend.) So this weekend will be about making everything presentable. Defeating the dreaded cat hair monster. Conquering the pile of mail. Laundering the linens of ferocity. Epic battles all around.

Chores go down easier if I pretend they're World of Warcraft quests, which is why World of Chorecraft will always have a place in my heart.

The timing works well since I will be freshly unemployed. The last couple of weeks since I resigned have been so strange. Like I'm attending my own funeral and they're dividing up all my stuff. I am not complaining, to be sure, we all have our parts to play. I've just never gone through anything quite like this before. And I have had a lot of jobs.

But work is a taboo subject here. So consider it dropped.

No comments: