Friday, December 17, 2010

Mucho gusto

Since I last posted I threw a party at our house for the first time. I cooked a lot. I went to another fancy party and wore a fancy black dress with nylons and makeup. (Don't picture a bank robber when I say that, the nylons were where they were meant to be, not on my head. And why would you even think that anyway? Although I appreciate and support your creative thought process.)

I went to southern California for a few days and violated my diet, repeatedly and with gusto. Mucho gusto.

I went to a Weight Watchers meeting while I was there and got my 16 week key chain. I wrote a lot in a small black book. I'm working on three different projects right now, two are long-term and one is due by the end of the month -- that one's a contest.

This -- a full week after my last day -- is the first time I've attempted to embrace an unemployed routine. I made some coffee, expanded my social network (that's my way of saying I invited people to be my friends on Facebook, which has such a potential to be full of crushing disappointment when you realize you're just not cool enough), and I've opened Final Draft.

Gosh. So much productivity my head is spinning.

This would be a good place to stop, I think. Take a nap or read a book. Don't want to overdo it.

Happy Friday!

No comments: