Thursday, October 28, 2004

Inconclusive!

I'm typing off the last of my radioactivity. I kept waiting for special powers to manifest, but to no avail. I couldn't even stop time. Not even a little. How I tried!

In honor of Halloween -- which seems to be slipping by without notice -- I'm listening to cheesy seasonal music like Griz Green's "Jam at the Mortuary" and Bobby Bare's "Vampira." Really sets the mood.

Halloween is my favorite of all the weens. I've stocked up on creepy DVD's like "Cat's Eye" and "Nosferatu" and "Farscape" Season 4. We've also got loads of candy -- at least since I replenished what I ate in preemptive celebration.

My own private swollen lymph node is like a juicy grape under the skin of my neck. I'm thinking of drawing a face on it for a costume.

Speaking of medical anomalies, my Radioactive Iodine Uptake test was a bust. Results? Inconclusive! Cha-cha-cha! Tomorrow I go in for another blood test. For those playing the home game, that's two blood tests in one week. And I'm switching to a different antibiotic.

Now all I need is a pumpkin and a gateway between worlds.

Perhaps my swollen lymph node is actually a second head, growing out my neck? Entirely possible. I'll name it Ralph. And we'll play patty-cake.

No comments: