Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The One Where I Anthropomorphize My Car

I voted. I plopped myself down on the couch and spread out all the propaganda (I mean, informative bipartisan literature) around me and my permanent absentee ballot. Together we read through the opposing arguments. I especially liked the rebuttal on the California Children's Hospital Bond Proposition. The lead-in statement said, "Have you ever even HEARD of that guy who's against us? You know, the attorney who HATES children? Like, the guy who wants your children to die horribly medically preventable deaths? Could you possibly WANT that? Well then, the BLOOD of innocent kids is on YOUR hands you selfish mother fucker!"

Possibly I'm paraphrasing.

I voted no for lots of things. I like telling people no. Gives me a false sense of power and control. Also, I didn't think it was in my best interest to vote yes. Democracy at work.

Thank you, George Bush. Thank you for forcing me out of apathy. Thank you, sincerely, for making my dislike of you greater than my proclivity for procrastination.

In other news my car is dying and my body is on the fritz. I've got a service appointment (for the car) tomorrow bright and early which will most likely create quite a dent in my pocketbook.

I don't actually carry a pocketbook. I have a wallet that fits in my purse, but not in my pocket. And I don't keep real money in it. Really just credit cards and expired video rental memberships.

No comments: