Friday, October 01, 2004

My Heart is Like a Hummingbird...

On Wednesday I went to a health food store to purchase capsules of friendly bacteria - three billion per capsule - so that I might ingest said capsules. As I swallowed the first pill I said to BF, "I am a destroyer of worlds!" This was on account of ingesting three billion organisms so that they might battle the perfidious digestive tract squatters... or something.

Skip with me.

So apparently, as I said in a previous entry, I have hyperthyroidism. This is not to be confused with hypothyroidism. Common symptoms of the hypo- variety include weight gain, lethary, bloating, etc. For my kind of -ism, I get slight tremors, become warm easily, and my heartbeat feels like the gentle flap-flap-flap of hummingbird wings. I didn't know this wasn't normal. I've gotten used to it.

It makes sense though. It does. When I studied photography, I could never hold my hands steady. This made it difficult to shoot the sorts of things I needed to shoot. Consequently, I stopped shooting. I figured I had Parkinsons. Because, yeah, it could happen.

I made an appointment with an endocrinologist, but it's not until December. Good thing it isn't life threatening.

On a completely unrelated topic, did you watch the debate last night? No? Well I happen to have it recorded if you want to come over. We'll make a party out of it. Let us bask in the rational glow of Kerry. Let us hiss at the villain in the blue tie, twisting his moustache, repeating himself for ninety minutes in defense mode. I've got no respect for anyone who watched the debate and thought Bush came off well. No respect. I turned to BF at the mid-point and said, "When Bush wins, can we riot in the streets? Set cars on fire? Things like that? To paraphrase the immortal Limp Bizkit, I'll need to break shit."

No comments: