Thursday, August 16, 2007

more like 37 winks

I spent my birthday money on an index fund. I think maybe I'm a sucker.

The dryer is buzzing. It wants me to fold things. Between you and me, I would rather sit on the floor here and watch "Top Chef."

So far this week I've neglected my photo site, but maybe that'll change tomorrow. After I get weighed in and measured, maybe I'll kick back with a nice bottle of something strong. Or maybe I'll just take a nap.

That saying, "take a nap," always makes me wonder, where would I take it? And don't get me started on forty-winks. Have you ever tried to wink 40 times in a row? I usually lose count around 17. A product of my terrible attention span, no doubt.

Can you tell I haven't spoken much to other human beings today? Just me and the keyboard mostly. I'm glad we could share this quality time together. You complete me.

P.S. I received another rejection for a play yesterday. At least it was polite. But since I am possibly changing my name anyway, maybe I will also change my first name to Playwright, since that is how my collection of rejections are generally addressed. Kill two birds, as it were. By now I almost expect the snide but subtle commentary of seeing them enshroud the word in air quotes, such as Dear "Playwright." Thanks so much for your "submission."

No comments: