Thursday, August 09, 2007

What's *your* special corner theme?

After a tasty dinner at the Elliott Bay Brew Pub, I forced Jer to peruse vintage photographs at Northwest Art & Frame. I decided on two: the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapsing with the silhouette of a man running in the foreground, and a beautiful shot of smoke and ash above an erupting Mount St. Helens volcano.

As we were rung up for two mattes, a frame, and the prints, the clerks shook their heads. "Hm," said one, "I haven't seen this one before. It's creepy." The other affirmed its creepiness.

Strictly because I felt the need to defend my newly purchased art, I said, "Don't you just love the contrast in these? They'll go great in my natural disaster corner."

"Your what?" they said.

"My natural disaster corner. It's where I keep all my photos of famous natural disasters."

Speechless, is the word that describes their reaction best.

4 comments:

CRo said...

We have a monster wall in the living room.

Folly Blaine said...

Ohhh, I like that. I like that very much.

KikiRiki said...

We have a cat puke corner...does that count?

Folly Blaine said...

Kikiriki, I admire that you've limited the cat puke to a single corner. We find it in the most interesting places... like on Jer's shirt that was hanging in his closet...