Monday, August 06, 2007

Ship It

I'm prouder of myself than I have a right to be because all I did was walk to the post office and mail an envelope, but that envelope represented 2 months of procrastination and second guessing. In that tiny yellow bubble-lined envelope was a CD, and on that CD images I hemmed and hawed over for two months. Are these the right 4? Do I see any dust? Any blown out sections? Are they technically correct?

Two months of doubt, swiftly handed over to a kind clerk at the post office in a 2-minute exchange. And now they're gone and it's the waiting time. Another two months of waiting, maybe sooner but probably not, and then I find out if I'm accepted. I don't mean to make this into a big ordeal, and I don't plan to mention it again, but it will be constantly in the back of my mind and tugging until I learn the outcome. If I get a yes on my first try, then I get to submit more. If I hear a no, then the process starts again. I'll let you know either way.

In the mean time, I'll keep building my library of raw images and upsizing using the bucubic smoother, because really, isn't that what dreams are all about?

No comments: