Monday, August 13, 2007

On the other hand

Jer and I took a vacation day and ran some errands. I got up early, took out the trash, did laundry, had the emissions output tested on my vehicle, ran and emptied the dishwasher, made breakfast -- you know, domestic-y type stuff. Then we went to the ring store because we figured I should make sure there wasn't another ring I liked better - there wasn't - and also it was next to the place I wanted to buy an armband for my iPod.

While we were at the ring store, I picked out a wedding band to go with my engagement ring, and Jer chose his own wedding band. They'll be ready in 4-6 weeks. So I guess once we get through to Jer's Dad - he's on a freighter somewhere in the ocean for another few weeks - and our rings come in, we're cleared to do the paperwork.

Neither of us want a big wedding, or really any kind of wedding. We'll either go to the courthouse or see if a friend can do it, and then I'll try to convince Jer we need a party. I feel strongly that we need to get our families together, so we'll have to do that, and maybe I can convince Jer to do a small thing locally... but that's about it. And that's completely fine with me.

I guess it's funny. For someone who loves to be the center of attention, you'd think I'd want a big fancy wedding, but no. The whole idea makes me very uncomfortable. I'd much rather get some people together and have fun. But then again, we haven't sorted out any details yet. The only thing I know for sure is that the rings are very pretty.

And now I'm going to take a nap because I looked at far too many diamonds today, and the whole thing made me exceedingly sleepy.

No comments: