Friday, August 31, 2007

On what I'm doing

I submitted another 20 photos to the stock photo site, for a total of 50.

I'm not doing much besides working, prepping photos, occasionally feeding a cat or two, reading (attention divided between a book on selling stock photos and the Night's Dawn Trilogy), or listening to the new They Might Be Giants album. Sometimes these activities are combined.

I need to do another test, but it looks like all my transparencies are off limits for submission. I can't get the quality high enough on my slide scanner to meet the requirements. Back when I bought the scanner for $300, the good ones were selling for $1200. These days I have no idea what to expect, but it would probably be bad news -- although I hold out a tiny bit of hope I can make a sale or two and buy some equipment. At the very least I would like a graduated neutral density filter. And maybe a Sekonic light meter. Or a spiffy lens... or the software to make my own HDR images. A girl can dream.

It's a 3-day weekend and my plans are more of the same. I'm almost out of pre-posted images for my photo blog, so I need to root around for some more. If you want me, I'll be camped out in front of my computer, squinting and attacking dust particles with a rubber stamp... for the forseeable future.

No comments: