Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A whole new market

I am pretty excited because my first images made it past the quality control stage at a stock photo agency (not microstock), and as of tomorrow my photos will be available for sale to the whole entire world. At least, for sale to the world beyond my personal photo store... and available for non-exclusive licensing!

It is a minor step in the overall process, but one which took me awhile to accomplish and for that I am happy. And grateful. And I can't wait to go home and prepare some more images for submission (after I feed my friend's cats).

It takes about five weeks to approve each batch and my goal is to post at least 500 images over the next year. To be taken seriously I should post a lot more than 500, but hey, I have to start somewhere.

Good times!

5 comments:

Lily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lily said...

I hope you're including the photo that's on my desktop -- the Stearn's Wharf dolphin sculpture.

Folly Blaine said...

Hm. That one didn't even occur to me. It might not be big enough since I think I took it with a point and shoot, but I'll check. Thanks for the suggestion!

George said...

Congrats.

Do watch about that Dolphin statue. The guy who made it once tried to sue a SB festival who used the image on its t-shirt. He's very possessive of his art.

Folly Blaine said...

george: Some objects like the statue I can get around by restricting it to editorial use only. Some of it, maybe not. My Kilauea Lighthouse picture falls into that category -- no property release, so limited availability. I shouldn't be, but I'm constantly surprised at what's considered off limits.