Saturday, August 11, 2007

Seven years, four months

Since the poem thing was so successful, I wrote one more:

Yesterday I had a boyfriend
Today I have a fiancee
Holy crap!

So yesterday was a pretty good day. I worked a half day, which involved winning a gift certificate to one of my most favorite restaurants, Tap House Grill, and also enjoyed a catered lunch from Buca di Beppo. I left about 12:30pm to meet Jer, and go watch the movie, "Stardust," which was very entertaining and you should go.

We stopped at a restaurant called Mexico for a beer, then went to Aaron Brothers to look at picture frames, then went home. I opened presents from my friend Lily -- thank you! -- and a card from my parents. Then we went out for sushi - Jer had the chicken katsu, I had a spyder and an Alaska roll -- we bought cupcakes, a few used CDs, and then... I knew Jer had my birthday present in the trunk since I'd seen him wrap it in his jacket. I'd asked for an iPod and figured that was it.

Driving back to our place we saw a pretty sunset. Jer stopped at a park with a nice lookout point and we got out of the car. He grabbed the box from the trunk and we went and stood in the grass at the top of a very big hill. I opened the box and saw my iPod, which was sitting on something. At first I thought it was an AC Adapter for the iPod, but it was black? And a box? Like... a ring box?

It was a ring box.

Jer said some things, I said some things, mostly I cried and laughed and scared some of the other people enjoying the sunset. Jer put the ring on my finger and his jacket around my shoulders and we went home and drank the complimentary bottle of champagne that the jewelers gave him.

And we're engaged.

Holy crap!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!

KikiRiki said...

oh my gosh!!! i can't believe i didn't know this until just now, like 2 days later!! Yay, yay, yay! I'm so happy for you two. Tell Jer good job! Should I tell Chris to brush up on his marriage ceremony?

Lily said...

Oh my gosh, I'm totally weepy --don't tell anyone, I'll deny it! You have to have an engagement party because I know of the perfect cake! (Assuming you have one and I'm invited).

Oh, and best wishes and congratulations to you and Jer!

Folly Blaine said...

Thank you all for the congrats. :) I look at my hand and I can't stop smiling. I guess at some point we'll have to work out some details though! And if I didn't say it before, whoo hoo!

George said...

You mean you two haven't been married all this time!

Seriously, congrats!

WV: beeez
As in "hope your marriage is the beeez kneeez."