Thursday, August 02, 2007

movie-riffic

Jer and I had an impromptu date night, predicated on the knowledge "Sunshine" would only play at the fancy theatre for another two days. Our hands were forced by the god of scheduling (I think it's a Norse god?), and so it came about that we were sitting in a movie theatre on a Wednesday night, surrounded by like minded freaks and geeks.

I enjoyed the film, but I did not expect to be so emotionally caught up in the drama/action. I never see thrillers in the theatre because I tend to fold in on myself, until my knees are at my chin and my fingers are clawing at my cheeks with eyes squeezed half-shut. It's a good look. I knew very little about the plot, only the premise, and since I'm reading "The Reality Dysfunction" series it was a good fit. However. I was ill prepared for how tense it made me. I kept looking at my watch, not because I really wanted it to end, but I needed to know how many more twists could they possibly have left? Not that there were twists exactly, just complications...

When I left the theatre I turned to Jer and said, "I really hope people don't Netflix 'Little Miss Sunshine' and accidently get this instead. They'd spend half the movie going, 'When's the little miss part happen?'"

That right there? That's the sort of thing I think is hilarious.

No comments: