Friday, December 28, 2007

Do not use more than 4 times per day

I asked myself: how can something be both icy and hot at the same time?

Now I have my answer.

Icy Hot is weird. I am not sure how to describe the sensation. It is both icy and it is hot -- absolutely no false advertising there. It is like a self-inflicted chemical burn, but my skin isn't turning red or peeling off. At least not yet.

I'm not exactly convinced it has helped my muscle pain. It is fairer to say it has taken my mind off muscle pain, because now I am more worried about my skin turning inside out, and finding words to describe the tingling in my limbs, so when I call an ambulance we can avoid small talk and get right down to the business of gluing me back together.

That said, I am not against it. I am only mid-way through this wacky experiment. It smells medicinal, even though I bought the rapid vanishing scent formula. It applied clear. And as promised, it's got this phantom dry-ice burn thing going on.

Truth be told, the only reason I am doing this was to use more of my flexible spending money. If my arms fall off, I have only bureaucracy to blame. And my own damnable curiosity!

(I just IM'd Jer and he said to hang in there, it does help. I am paraphrasing because he's never actually said the words "hang in there." But deep down I know that's exactly what he means.)

No comments: