Thursday, December 27, 2007

What I Did On My Christmas Vacation

Our Christmas holiday was spent on the couch, watching DVDs (US version of The Office seasons 1 and 2, Venture Brothers season 2, Futurama Bender's Big Score, and The IT Crowd), playing Lego Star Wars on the Gamecube, and indulging in the occasional adult beverage. It was fantastic, if only for the fact I had Jer to myself for 3 whole days. Plus it snowed on Christmas day. How great is that?

I received several wonderful cookbooks, a set of Faulkner, a pair of Fluevogs from Jer, a couple of non-fiction books (including a beginning running handbook and the 4 hour work week), and "The Prestige," which I've already mentioned. It was a very good year. Post-Christmas I bought myself: two King-sized sheet sets on sale at SmartBargains.com (our current sheets came free with the bed six months ago and are falling apart) and two Champion sports bras on sale at One Hanes Place (my current ones are about 5 years old and I want to run more in 2008). w00t.

This year I'm finally starting to feel more secure financially, so I decided to explore local donation opportunities. In my research I came across a special event at Planned Parenthood I thought I'd share with you. Now through December 31, a long-time supporter will match, dollar for dollar, every donation they receive up to a total of $250,000. It's an organization I feel strongly about, and it's a pretty neat deal, so there you go.

Outside the weather is doing a wacky subtle hybrid of rain/snow. I'm looking forward to my second 4-day weekend in a row. And I'm starting to think about my goals-not-resolutions for next year. Happy Thursday.

No comments: