Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On credit cards and turkey sandwiches

My application for a merchant account was accepted today so I'll be receiving my wireless terminal soon. I'm very excited to be able to accept credit cards -- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AND American Express. w00t. I also received my vinyl banner in the mail and I think it looks pretty snazzy. You just can't stand too close or the letters are too large.

It was arm night with the trainer and I can already tell tomorrow is going to hurt because it hurts now. That's never good. I just finished watching the Biggest Loser finale and I won't give spoilers, but I was happy with the outcome. It was an odd season that felt overly manipulated, but I enjoyed watching real people work hard and achieve their goals, however unrealistic the time and energy expended would have been for the average person. But that's just it. The human body is capable of extraordinary things when exposed to extreme circumstances, and these contestants remind us of that. The idealist in me is a fan.

I haven't been all that strong in maintaining my diet and exercise, however I haven't gained any weight and I can tell my body is still changing. I wear a pair of sweat pants from college as pajamas that used to be snug and now they practically fall off my ass. I would retire them but it's too good for the ego.

Speaking of my ass, for lunch I ate at the infamous Bakeman's Restaurant in Pioneer Square. I had the "white on dark, mayo and cranberry" turkey sandwich. It was pretty good, a little greasy with the mayo and I would've added some more salt, but nice sized chunks of actual meat and at only $4.65 it's a great deal for a lot of food. I didn't get harassed by our resident Soup Nazi; I did my research and didn't take any chances. Next time maybe I'll branch out and try the meatloaf sandwich. But I'm going to have to work up to that.

Maybe if I wear my droopy sweat pants I'll have enough confidence.

No comments: