Friday, April 25, 2008

Zombie Flu Spell Check

Colors are brighter today than yesterday and it's easier to breathe. For one, I'm not hungover. For two, it's Friday. In only 2 hours I get to see an awake Jer for the first time in 5 days. I get to go out to dinner. I get to sleep in tomorrow.

My other (and final) 401(k) rollover seems to be progressing. I was able to order my folding cart, booth weights, and extra pole bag. When I went outside earlier, the sky was blue and it was almost warm enough to take off my jacket! The water taxi starts on Sunday, an excellent development. Truly, good things abound.

And I made it through another week. Only 5 days until I get paid now. I'm excited to see my first real paycheck.

This week has been low on the chipper scale, but I am making a concentrated effort to reverse that trend. I found myself on the couch last night, after a very nice dinner at the Celtic Swell with friends, staring off into space. I just wanted to escape inside myself and tune it all out. But slowly, deliberately, I reached out and turned off the television. I pulled myself down the hallway and forced myself to don pajamas. I laid in the dark for awhile, thinking how much better it'd feel to have a keyboard under my fingers and how I wasn't at all sleepy and wouldn't it be better to work?... when I fell asleep.

There's still something wrong I can't identify. And if I can't identify it, I can't fix it. So maybe all this tuning out is my subconscious working overtime on the problem of me. Or maybe I just caught that horrible zombie flu that's going around.

It would explain my sudden predilection for BRRRAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSS.

Spell check wants you know that there's no such word as BRRRAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSS.

No comments: