Sunday, November 15, 2009

Discovering local restaurants

I have been working on a thing and now I'm procrastinating. Somehow it got to be 4pm on Sunday and I haven't worked on the thing since Friday night, and now it seems far too late to start but if I don't start I'll be behind, which I already am, so it doesn't make much difference if I refresh Facebook or follow links across a dozen different pages that don't interest me at all.

Or I could come here. It's comfortable here. Maybe I'll stay here awhile.

Jer and I had an excellent meal last night at Hudson: new American Public House. I had the Hudson Cassoulet, which was made with pork belly, rabbit, Flageolet beans, and breadcrumbs. It was very tasty. For dessert Jer and I split a piece of chocolate stout cake with a salted caramel frosting, which was also very tasty.

Last night's meal made up for Friday night's dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, which was not good. I probably shouldn't be surprised by that, but I used to love their rosemary chicken and potato pizza and was hoping they still had it. When I didn't see it on the menu and asked the server, he said, "We don't put potatoes on pizza. Maybe you're thinking of a sandwich?"

Right, because those words are so easy to confuse.

Even if I had liked the pizza I ordered, it would have been spoiled at check time when the server disappeared. I had to go find him after a 5-10 minute wait of sitting in front of our pushed aside dishes and empty water glasses. We won't be doing that again.

At the corner of 80th and 15th in North Seattle we've found a number of excellent restaurants. Mr. Villa's is awesome Mexican. LC's Kitchen is also fantastic. So I won't mourn the loss of CPK too strongly.

Now I think I'll eat my leftovers from last night and then get back to work. Or something.

1 comment:

MommaJen said...

We just had a bad CPK experience too! We got our pizzas to go, which works out nicely with their curbside pickup. I ordered a Santa Fe Chicken pizza but got home to find a BBQ Chicken pizza, with no BBQ sauce! Yuck. At that point it was too late to go back for an exchange.