Sunday, November 08, 2009

The funny

Jeremy surprised me Friday night by installing a new chandelier in the family room. (you can read about the purchase in this entry). It looks very nice, although it makes me want to paint everything and replace the dining room table.

Then tonight I broke the knob off the dryer. It's nothing a little wrench can't get around though.

We also got the trash and water bill yesterday.

Homeownership, FTW.

We started watching "Father Ted" and it's my new favorite thing. Here's a description from Amazon:

Join Fathers Ted, Dougal and Jack, three Irish priests exiled by the church to their own private purgatory, a twisted lump of rock called Craggy Island, as penance for indulging their daft vices. With the help of the world's most devoted housekeeper, Mrs. Doyle, they tend a demented flock of island dwellers and try to make a heaven out of their rocky piece of hell.
After watching "My Hero" on PBS, I wanted to see more Ardal O'Hanlon, and that's how I found "Father Ted."

Just for fun, here's a clip of Ardal's standup:

2 comments:

Lily said...

Yes, I love Ardal O'Hanlon. Even when he's just a cat in "Doctor Who." I was very disappointed with his replacement in "My Hero," it totally ruined the character.

Folly Blaine said...

Gina, I'm so proud of you for making a Doctor Who reference.

I didn't even realize they replaced his character on "My Hero" since I only get to watch scattered episodes and they're always out of order. That doesn't make any sense.