Sunday, November 22, 2009

A trip to Ace hardware

I wrote my unsecret project pages in the morning, made Quiche Lorraine in the afternoon (recipe from relishrelish.com), and in the evening Jer and I took a trip to Ace hardware. Later we watched "Night Watch" on DVD, which mostly made me want to read the book. It held my attention and I enjoyed wondering what would happen next, but I had the impression that there's a lot more happening between the scenes that hadn't translated from page to screen. Let alone from Russian to English.

At Ace we bought 3 paint samples of sage green and gray green, wood paste wax, a gutter re-directer, and a roll of painter's tape. We're planning to paint the family room/dining area some shade of green because the putty color in there is, well... not my taste. With all of the dark furniture we have (or plan to have), a green gray seemed like a good choice.

I am now trying to get motivated enough to write. The immediate problem may be due to a caffeine deficiency, so I will seek out my stimulant of choice and see if that helps. The play has just reached 42 pages of the 70 page minimum I need to reach, which means accelerated progress will need to be made this week.

The good news is I am still on track.

No comments: